We believe that you will be delighted with your SM Designs product, but from time to time you may feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible.
Contact us by email or through our Contact Us page or by telephoning +44 (0)28 2564 7237 to inform us of your reason for returning the goods. Contact us within the time periods below:
- for damaged goods - within three working days of receipt
- for incorrect orders - within three working days of receipt
- for unwanted orders returning in their original condition - within seven days, the cooling-off period you are entitled to under the European Union Distance Selling Directive.
- for faulty goods - within the warranty period if covered by a warranty or within a reasonable period of time if not covered by a warranty.
At this stage we can advise you if a different course of action is available.
- Package the goods well so that they will reach us in the same condition that they leave you. Use a strong box for large items and strong jiffy-bags for small items with plenty of padding around delicate or mechanical items. If you have recently received the goods or still have the packaging, then re-package them in the same way as they arrived.
Include a covering note inside the parcel with the following information:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- The reason for returning the goods (as above)
- Whether you would prefer replacements, alternative items, credit or a refund
- A copy of your proof of purchase (invoice) or at least the refence number on it. Keep the original invoice for your records.
Address the parcel to SM Designs and add your returns number if you've been given one:
11 Doctors Road
Northern Ireland, UK
For small parcels, send the goods by either Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery. You will be responsible for the item or items until they reach us, including all shipping costs. For your own protection, we recommend that you use a secure delivery method that requires a signature upon delivery. We also suggest that you opt for insurance cover.
For large parcels, such as compressors, we will arrange our courier to collect it from you. In this case we will arrange collection only when the parcel is ready to go. It is your responsibility to have the parcel ready for collection and someone available at the address on the day or days agreed with SM Designs. The courier cannot give appointment times, so they could collect at any time on the agreed day(s) between 9am and 6pm. The courier will still charge for missed collections, so we reserve the right to deduct this from the total refunded for returned goods.
As a guide: If the goods came by Royal Mail then return them by Royal Mail; If they came by courier then contact us and we will arrange for our courier to collect it. We will not refund for unreasonable return carriage costs in excess of the amount it would have cost for our courier to collect the parcel.
The above carriage methods apply to parcels within the UK. We will determine the best method of returning and replacing goods from other countries when you contact us, depending on the value, weight, location and reason for wishing to return goods. The courses of action below will still apply.
When SM Designs receive the returned goods, we will take the following action as soon as possible:
- for damaged goods - We will send replacement goods.
We may refund or credit reasonable cost of returning the item, providing you sent it by the methods indicated above from inside the UK or by the method agreed with Airbrushes.com when you contacted us from outside the UK.
If we have already sent and charged you for replacement goods, then we will refund for the returned goods.
If the goods prove not to be damaged in transit, we may return the goods and charge carriage costs.
- for incorrect orders - We will correct the order, refunding or charging the difference accordingly.
We may refund or credit reasonable cost of returning the item, providing you sent it by the methods indicated above from inside the UK or by the method agreed with SMDesigns.co.uk when you contacted us from outside the UK.
If we have already sent and charged you for the replacement goods, then we will refund for the returned goods.
If the goods are returned not in re-saleable condition then the note below for unwanted goods applies. *
- for unwanted orders returned in their original condition - We will refund the amount paid for the goods.
We will not refund the original charge for carriage to you or the return carriage back to us. If we gave you free carriage on the original order and the order would not have qualified for free carriage without the returned items, we may deduct the original cost of carriage from the amount refunded. If we arranged the collection of unwanted goods we will deduct the courier cost from the amount refunded.
* If the goods are returned in a used condition or not re-saleable condition and if SMDesigns.co.uk are able to clean, service, repair or recondition an item to be re-saleable then we may, at our discretion, refund the money paid for the item minus a reasonable handling charge to cover servicing and administration costs. If we are unable to recondition an item then we will not refund the money for that item.
- for faulty goods - We will replace items or parts that prove to have a manufacturing fault if covered under warranty, or at our discretion if it is a fault not covered by warranty and within a reasonable period after purchasing the item.
The returned goods will be treated as a service or repair job and charged accordingly if the item or part at fault proves to be:
- not a manufacturing fault
- caused by accidental damage
- caused by misuse of the product
- otherwise not covered by warranty, such as parts subject to normal wear or parts not fitted by a qualified technician
If there is no fault found at all and no service or repair needed, then we may apply our minimum service charge to cover the cost of time checking and testing the product and administration, plus the cost of carriage to return it to you.
- for damaged goods - We will send replacement goods.