Your shopping cart is empty!
SM Designs is committed to safeguarding your privacy.
Your personal information is just that – personal, so we always treat it with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, and rest assured, we never pass on, sell or swap your information with any other company for their own marketing purposes.
By using this site or/and our services, you consent to the Processing of your Personal Data.
What information do we hold about you?
When you shop with us, or, agree for us to keep in touch with you using your email address, we collect information about you. This information includes:
• full name
• address (and previous addresses)
• date of birth
• contact numbers, and
• email address.
How do we use your information?
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
Your information allows us to fulfil any orders you place with us, update you on the progress of your orders and assist with any future customer service queries.
We would also love to keep you up to date with our favourite products, exciting new ranges and unmissable offers we think will be of interest, by contacting you by using your email address to send you our email newsletters, communications via social media and any similar internet-based communications as they become available.
There are some communications that you’d always expect to receive from us, whatever your marketing preferences – for example, order confirmations by email if you have shopped with us online, or important order or customer service updates.
If you receive our postal or, email based marketing communications, you can choose to opt out at any time.
You also have the right to:
• Ask that we correct or update any personal information that is incomplete, inaccurate or out of date.
• Ask that we erase your personal data from our systems.
• Ask that we stop processing your data or restrict processing where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
• Request access to the personal information we hold about you.
• Object to us profiling your data, where we haven’t compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms.
• Request that any data provided by you in the context of actively consenting to some form of processing, be returned to you or transferred to another company in electronic form.
• Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK – please see below for more information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch with us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we may ask for proof of identity before providing or updating any personal information we hold about you and if we have a legitimate reason as to why we are unable to fulfil any requests, we will always explain the reasons why.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
• Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
• Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms, so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
• Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
• Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Last modification was made 23.05.18